You enjoy the thrill of taking random detours on road trips. There’s no better feeling than disconnecting from social media and letting yourself just be still for awhile with nothing but the world around you.
2. You see people and nature differently than most.
The world in general seems bigger to you than most people. You see cities as millions of adventures to be had. You see people as friends you haven’t met yet. It’s the little things in life that make you the most happy – like the sun reflecting off a lake, a clear night perfect for star gazing, a patch of wild flowers. You see the world differently.
3. You have a bucket list.
One that is filled with places to visit or adventures to take. One you WILL complete. One that you continue to add to constantly.
4. Planning the a trip is one of your favorite things.
You love to spend hours researching different destinations, finding out the cost of various trips, and getting yourself completely caught up in that heady and sublime feeling of wanderlust.
5. You get excited as you anticipate your next trip, even if it’s weeks or months away.
You don’t necessarily care where you’re going or how far either. If it’s a new place where you can experience new things, it’s worth it!
6. You often look up flights to faraway destinations.
Even if you know you can’t afford it right now, you’re just curious at how much more you would have to save to travel far away.
7. You never consider where you are as the place you’ll be forever.
The thought of settling down with a family scares you to pieces, but even if you do finally settle down… you won’t live in the same place your. entire. life. No way!
8. You hate being expected to stick to an itinerary.
You find it confining and limiting when you’re traveling with a group of people or if your schedule requires it and you’re forced to pin down exact details of your trip. You want to travel and explore on your own time and on your own terms.
9. You’re often looking through old travel photos, which makes you nostalgic.
You always keep mementos like leftover change from other currencies in hopes you will be back again soon to use it. You loved the experience you had and just want to jump through your old photos and relive it all over again.
10. You’ll do whatever it takes to travel.
You’ll save money for months, use up all your airline miles, take vacation days off from work, or even study abroad a semester just to experience the world.
11. You always have a notebook or camera on you.
You can find inspiration in the most unexpected places at times, so you always make sure to have something on you to capture a moment.
12. When people talk about the satisfaction of staying in the same place forever, you think they’re crazy!
You can’t imagine a life without exploring the foothills of the Himalayas or witnessing the remote beauty of the Alaskan wilderness. You don’t simply want to read about other people’s adventures, you want to experience them yourself. You’re fascinated and interested in seeing the whole world and feel that these kind of people need to open their eyes and live.
13. You’re inspired by the unknown.
The thought of going to a land you’ve never been to and being surrounded by unknown faces and unfamiliar landscapes is one of the most exciting experiences to you. It’s an adrenaline rush you can’t find anywhere else.
14. Your favorite books or TV shows are always travel based.
When you can’t go off exploring on your own you seek inspiration within the pages of a travel memoir or on the Travel channel. You find that anytime you’re feeling a little listless just reading about someone else’s adventures helps you reignite your passion.
15. You’re always thinking about your next adventure.
Whether it’s going on a random hiking trip or flying off to a new country, you always have your sights set on a new voyage.